Indiana’s Drew Salyers named Big Ten Golfer of the Week for second time this season

<p>Then-freshman Drew Salyers follows through his swing during the General Hackler Championship  March 14, 2021, in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Salyers was announced as the Big Ten Golfer of the Week Wednesday.</p>

Then-freshman Drew Salyers follows through his swing during the General Hackler Championship March 14, 2021, in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Salyers was announced as the Big Ten Golfer of the Week Wednesday.

Indiana sophomore Drew Salyers was announced as the lone Big Ten Golfer of the Week on Wednesday, winning the award for the second time in three weeks.

Salyers also received the honor on Sept. 8 alongside Michigan State seniors James Piot and Troy Taylor II.

Salyers claims the award after tying for fifth in the Fighting Illini Invitational with a 1-under score of 209 and leading the Hoosiers to a sixth-place finish overall in the event, their best result at the Olympia Field Country Club since 2008.

This finish propelled Indiana into the top 25, according to the latest Golfweek rankings. The Hoosiers are ranked No. 18, the highest of any Big Ten program.

Salyers was ranked No. 12 in the latest Golfweek individual collegiate rankings, alongside teammate and senior Mitch Davis (No. 98) inside the top 100.

The Hoosiers will return to the course for Northwestern’s Windom Memorial Classic Sept. 27-28 at the Lake Shore Country Club in Glencoe, Illinois.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments