Monroe County offering pop-up vaccination clinics May 6 and 10

<p>Junior Bryce Asher gets his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, administered by nursing student Maddy Anderson, April 12 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Monroe County will offer two pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics this week, one at the Crestmont Boys and Girls Club on May 6 and the other at the Monroe Convention Center on May 10. </p>

Junior Bryce Asher gets his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, administered by nursing student Maddy Anderson, April 12 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Monroe County will offer two pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics this week, one at the Crestmont Boys and Girls Club on May 6 and the other at the Monroe Convention Center on May 10.

The Monroe County Health Department will offer two vaccination clinics in Bloomington over the next few weeks, according to Indiana Public Media.

The first clinic will be at the Crestmont Boys and Girls Club, located at 1111 W. 12th St., open from 12:30 p.m-5:30 p.m. May 6 and the second clinic will be at the Monroe Convention Center opening at noon May 10.

The clinics will be available to anyone over 16-years-old who hasn’t been vaccinated, with a particular focus on Monroe County’s spanish-speaking population, Monroe County Health Administrator Penny Caudill said.

“Certainly those are not closed to just either one of those groups, but we want to do as much outreach as we can, knowing that some people have some barriers to getting into the clinics,” Caudill said.

More information regarding these clinics will be released soon.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.

Comments