Monroe County COVID-19 advisory set to yellow for third week in a row

<p>The Indiana Daily Student COVID-19 map shows Bloomington in yellow Wednesday. Monroe County is at a yellow advisory level for the third week in a row.</p>

The Indiana Daily Student COVID-19 map shows Bloomington in yellow Wednesday. Monroe County is at a yellow advisory level for the third week in a row.

The Indiana State Department of Health designated Monroe County as a yellow advisory level for COVID-19 cases for the third week in a row, according to the ISDH website. A yellow advisory indicates a moderate spread of the coronavirus, as determined by changes in seven-day positivity rates and cases per 100,000 residents.

The seven-day positivity rate was 1.14% this week for Monroe County, an increase from 1.02% the previous week. Additionally, cases per 100,000 residents increased from 137 to 147, according to the ISDH website.

Advisory warnings for the state of Indiana range in severity from blue to red, with blue indicating minimal spread of the virus and red indicating high community transmission. Yellow is the second least severe designation.

COVID-19 cases are decreasing at IU, despite statewide increases. The IU COVID-19 dashboard reported 115 new positive COVID-19 cases and a positivity rate of 0.38%, a decrease from 151 new cases and a rate of 0.5% the previous week.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.

Comments