IU celebrates its fifth IU Day on Wednesday

<p>The university is celebrating its annual IU Day on Wednesday in honor of IU’s students, faculty, staff and donors. IU Day will be celebrated virtually after it was canceled last year.  </p><p></p>

The university is celebrating its annual IU Day on Wednesday in honor of IU’s students, faculty, staff and donors. IU Day will be celebrated virtually after it was canceled last year.

IU Day, a yearly celebration honoring IU’s students, faculty, staff and donors, occurred Wednesday. 

This year is the fifth IU Day and returned virtually after the cancellation of last year’s celebration due to the pandemic.

“Especially after the incredible challenges of the past year, it's also a moment to recognize all of the IU people who have risen to the challenge of overcoming the pandemic,” J. Thomas Forbes, IU Foundation interim president and IU Alumni Association CEO, said in a press release Monday.

According to the IU Day website, people wishing to celebrate can donate to an IU organization or group, participate in an IU Day social media challenge and attend IU Day events, which are almost entirely virtual this year. Events include a free livestream with comedian Wayne Brady, IU trivia night and a livestream of a Singing Hoosiers IU Day performance.

Related: [Wayne Brady to perform improv for IU Day celebrations]

Those wishing to donate can do so through the IU Day donation page or the IU Crowdfunding page.

In addition to the IU Day events, the Neal-Marshall Alumni Club has partnered with Versiti Blood Centers to organize an IU Day blood drive to increase blood donations from diverse populations, according to the IU Foundation press release. The blood drive will be offered statewide and will run from April 13 to May 1.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments