Bloomington could get 8-12 inches of snow beginning Sunday night

<p>IU employees salt sidewalks Feb. 10 outside of the Indiana Memorial Union. Bloomington is expected to get up to one foot of snow between Sunday evening and Tuesday morning, according to the National Weather Service. </p>

IU employees salt sidewalks Feb. 10 outside of the Indiana Memorial Union. Bloomington is expected to get up to one foot of snow between Sunday evening and Tuesday morning, according to the National Weather Service.

Bloomington is predicted to receive 8 to 12 inches of snowfall, according to a forecast by SCI Weather. All of south-central Indiana is under a winter storm warning as of Sunday morning until 7 a.m. Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.

The SCI Weather report predicted a winter storm between Sunday night and Tuesday morning. The report stated the greatest snowfall will occur in two waves: early Monday morning and late Monday night into Tuesday morning.

The NWS warned the wind chill could drop as low as 15 degrees below zero until 1 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Additionally, travel will be made difficult due to the snowfall and slick roads, and the NWS recommends those who cannot avoid traveling keep food, water and extra flashlights in their vehicles.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments