IU men’s soccer releases 10-game spring schedule

<p>The IU men&#x27;s soccer team lines up for the Nation Anthem on Dec. 1, 2019, at Bill Armstrong Stadium. The Hoosiers begin their season Feb. 18 with a home match against Wisconsin. </p>

The IU men's soccer team lines up for the Nation Anthem on Dec. 1, 2019, at Bill Armstrong Stadium. The Hoosiers begin their season Feb. 18 with a home match against Wisconsin.

The IU men’s soccer program released the 2021 schedule Wednesday morning for its spring season.

The schedule has been shortened to 10 matches only against Big Ten opponents. The Hoosiers will play five of their games at home and five on the road.

After the NCAA delayed the season into the spring, head coach Todd Yeagley said the team is ready to go.

"In a year that has been challenging on many levels, the ability to compete and play matches is exciting," Yeagley said. "This group is ready for competition."

They kick off their season in Bloomington against Wisconsin Feb. 19, followed by road games versus Ohio State and Northwestern. The Badgers and Wildcats are the only teams that the Hoosiers play twice in the regular season.

Next on the schedule are Penn State, Michigan State and Rutgers in March.

To wrap up the season, IU faces Michigan and Maryland – the two teams the Hoosiers beat before winning the Big Ten tournament last year. They play the Wolverines March 27 and the Terrapins on April 4. 

The Big Ten tournament and NCAA College Cup’s start dates are tentatively set for April 10 and May 13, respectively.

Start times for each game have not yet been released.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments