bloomington coronavirus

Bloomington bus driver tests positive for COVID-19

cabusdriver102120

A Bloomington Transit bus driver tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, according to a Wednesday press release from the City of Bloomington.

The driver began experiencing symptoms Sunday and has not worked since Saturday, according to the release.

The internal contact tracing process in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines determined no other employees or customers were put at risk of exposure by the employee, according to the release.

The employee drove Routes 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 9 from Oct. 3 to 17 and did not have close contact with passengers, adhering to CDC guidelines, which limit interactions to 15 minutes and a distance of 6 feet. Drivers are separated from passengers by a plexiglass shield and vehicles the employee drove have been disinfected and cleaned, according to the release.

The employee is the second driver to be diagnosed with COVID-19 and the third among Bloomington Transit staff to test positive. The last BT employee to receive a positive test was a driver who was reported positive Aug. 3, according to the release.

In addition to the BT cases, 11 city employees have reported receiving positive COVID-19 viral test results, as well as an additional city employee who reported a positive COVID-19 antibody test result, according to the release.