news   |   student life

Kelley School of Business students to now face sanctions for COVID-19 violations

2f8c47cc-6ddf-4d8d-8f26-cb142e38ef9f

The Kelley School of Business is located in Hodge Hall at 1275 E. 10th St. An email was sent to all students in the Kelley School of Business Thursday regarding actions that would be taken for any student who does not follow COVID-19 guidelines. IDS file photo and Tim Faris and IDS file photo and Tim Faris

An email sent to Kelley School of Business students Thursday put in place strict punishments for students in the school who do not follow COVID-19 guidelines.

Students who violate state laws, local public health orders and university guidelines can expect some or all of the sanctions, according to the email.

The punishments include permanent loss of the ability to study abroad through IU or Kelley, a permanent loss of future membership in the Kelley Honors Program and/or any Kelley Workshops, a loss of privileges to participate in Kelley ceremonies including graduation, a loss of access to Undergraduate Career Services for a year or more and a loss of leadership positions in any IU or Kelley student organizations, according to the email.

The email said Kelley administrators were shocked and disheartened to see some of their students violating state, county and city laws and regulations.

“These actions do not represent Kelley values, and we cannot, in good faith, represent to others that these behaviors are acceptable at such a perilous time,” according to the email.

More in News