arts   |   community events

11th annual Great Glass Pumpkin Patch to offer in-person, online shopping options

entpumpkins092720

Pumpkins rest on the lawn of the Monroe County Courthouse on Oct. 15, 2017, as part of the Great Glass Pumpkin Patch. The Bloomington Creative Glass Center creates more than 900 glass pumpkins to sell each year, with proceeds going to support a fully-equipped hot glass arts education center in Bloomington. Emily Eckelbarger and IDS file photo

The 11th annual Great Glass Pumpkin Patch will be in person from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 10 at the Monroe County Courthouse lawn. People who reserve tickets on their website will be able to purchase any of 500 blown glass pumpkins at the event, organized by the Bloomington Creative Glass Center. 

Tickets will become available at 12 p.m. Thursday to patrons on their mailing list, and to the general public Friday. Masks and gloves are required for all attendees.

Only 15 people will be able to attend at a time, with new groups let in every 15 minutes, according to the Bloomington Creative Glass Center website. Attendees must reserve tickets for a specific time slot, with prices ranging from free to $100, depending on the time slot the ticket is reserved for. 

Online, the Bloomington Creative Glass Center will have a preview of all the pumpkins that will be sold on their website starting Monday. There will also be an online order option later in October through their website.

The money raised during the 11th annual Great Glass Pumpkin Patch will help provide glass education by the Bloomington Creative Glass Center for the community. 

More in Arts