arts community events

11th annual Great Glass Pumpkin Patch to offer in-person, online shopping options

entpumpkins092720.jpg

The 11th annual Great Glass Pumpkin Patch will be in person from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 10 at the Monroe County Courthouse lawn. People who reserve tickets on their website will be able to purchase any of 500 blown glass pumpkins at the event, organized by the Bloomington Creative Glass Center. 

Tickets will become available at 12 p.m. Thursday to patrons on their mailing list, and to the general public Friday. Masks and gloves are required for all attendees.

Only 15 people will be able to attend at a time, with new groups let in every 15 minutes, according to the Bloomington Creative Glass Center website. Attendees must reserve tickets for a specific time slot, with prices ranging from free to $100, depending on the time slot the ticket is reserved for. 

Online, the Bloomington Creative Glass Center will have a preview of all the pumpkins that will be sold on their website starting Monday. There will also be an online order option later in October through their website.

The money raised during the 11th annual Great Glass Pumpkin Patch will help provide glass education by the Bloomington Creative Glass Center for the community.