bloomington coronavirus

Monroe County offers testing sites for public, IU offers testing for students, staff

catesting05240.jpg

Monroe County has four COVID-19 testing sites, including one created from the partnership between OptumServe Federal Health Services and the Indiana State Department of Health. 

IU also announced Thursday that it will partner with IU Health to provide testing and screening resources to all its symptomatic students, staff and faculty. Testing is available at 15 different locations.

The Indiana Daily Student has compiled a list of Monroe County testing sites with information about requirements to be tested, how to schedule appointments and payment.

CVS Pharmacy, 4444 West State Road 46, Bloomington, IN 47404

Testing at this location is limited. You can find out if you fit the requirements and schedule an appointment by visiting the COVID-19 testing page on the CVS website. According to the ISDH website, you should bring insurance information to this location. If you do not have insurance, bring some form of identification such as a driver’s license, state ID or Social Security number. The test should not cost patients anything, but the CVS website says to check your health plan beforehand to make sure. The test results take two to four days.

ISDH/Optum Test Site, Bloomington Indiana Army National Guard Armory, 3380 S Walnut St. Bloomington, IN 47401

The testing at this location begins Tuesday, May 26. The site’s hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day. You must have symptoms, be part of the at risk population, work with the at-risk population or be in close contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19 to be tested at this site. You can register online or call 888-634-1116. It is free and insurance is not needed, but the ISDH asks that you bring private insurance information with you if you have it.

IU Health Bloomington Landmark Medical Center, 550 S. Landmark Ave, Bloomington, IN 47403

This site’s hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, according to the ISDH website. Jonathon Hosea, an IU Health public relations consultant, said in an email that you must go through a free screening using the IU Health Virtual Visit app. The screening will determine if you need testing and show you how to schedule. Insurance is used as payment. This facility also does testing for other health care providers such as nursing homes, other hospitals, universities and more, but a provider must order the test, Hosea said.

Monroe Hospital Emergency Room, 4011 S Monroe Medical Park Blvd, Bloomington, IN 47403

To be tested at this facility, you must be a health care worker, an essential worker, symptomatic or exposed, according to the ISDH website. You can schedule testing by calling 812-825-0823. Any type of payment is acceptable.Depending on your place of work, your employer may pay for testing. If not, insurance is accepted. Cost without insurance is $95.

IU, IU Health Testing

According to President Michael McRobbie’s statement Thursday, students and faculty can use virtual screening resources through One.IU. If it is decided a student or faculty member needs to be tested, they will be assigned to an IU or IU Health facility. Screening and testing starts June 1. There are 15 locations. They include Bloomington, Indianapolis, Gary, Kokomo, Fort Wayne and more. You can see the full list on the Office of the President website.