Four-star center Logan Duncomb commits to IU men’s basketball

spiubbduncomb040720.jpg

Logan Duncomb — a class of 2021, 6-foot-9-inch tall and four-star rated center according to 24/7 Sports — announced his commitment to IU men’s basketball Tuesday on Twitter. 

“Very excited to announce my commitment to Indiana basketball,” Duncomb wrote in a tweet. “Thank you to all of my coaches and teammates who have been part of this journey, especially my coaches and brothers at Moeller. I’d also like to thank all of the coaches and staff who took the time to work with me through the recruiting process. GO Hoosiers!”

Duncomb is from Archbishop Moeller High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, and is IU’s second commitment in the class of 2021. Although the other member of that group, Khristian Lander, has said he plans to reclassify to arrive at IU for the 2020-21 season should he be able to meet the necessary high school class requirements. 

The Ohio native chose IU over other Big Ten programs including Wisconsin, Ohio State and Xavier University. 

Duncomb is projected to be the future of IU’s big men with current redshirt-junior forward Joey Brunk set to graduate after next season and current freshman forward Trayce Jackson-Davis unlikely to stay with IU after his sophomore year, if he returns for his sophomore year at all. 

The tallest player in IU’s 2020 recruiting class is Jordan Geronimo, a 6-foot-6-inch tall small forward. IU didn’t have much depth or size at the forward position until Duncomb committed. With so much recruiting effort in the short term being put into guards, Duncomb is the beginning of recruiting for the long term, when IU needs to replace the forwards on its current roster.