Trayce Jackson-Davis unanimously selected to All-Big Ten Freshman Team

jackson.jpg

IU freshman forward Trayce Jackson-Davis was unanimously selected to the All-Big Ten Freshman team and named to the All-Big Ten Third team by both the conference's coaches and a media voting panel, according to a Monday release from the Big Ten.

But he was beaten by Illinois freshman forward Kofi Cockburn for the Big Ten Freshman of the Year award, which is selected by Big Ten coaches. Though Cockburn was named the Freshman of the Year, he was only an All-Big Ten Honorable Mention. 

Junior forward Joey Brunk was IU’s sportsmanship award recipient. 

From early on in the season, Jackson-Davis emerged as the team’s top player. And in Monday’s Big Ten regular season awards release, his performance was recognized. 

Jackson-Davis started all 31 games and averaged 13.6 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in his freshman season with the Hoosiers. He led the team in all three categories and was second on the team in minutes per game. He also recorded 11 double-doubles. 

Jackson-Davis is one of only four freshman in the nation to lead his team in scoring, rebounds, field goal percentage, free throws made, free throws attempted and blocked shots.

His 56.8 field goal percentage was second best in the Big Ten. Jackson-Davis’ 13.6 points per game are also the most among all freshmen in the Big Ten. His 253 total rebounds are seventh overall in the conference.