arts   |   community events

Middle Way House to raise funds and celebrate 'Abbey Road'

entabbey110319

The front doors stand open to visitors Nov. 3 at the Middle Way House. The house will be raising funds for itself while also celebrating The Beatles’ “Abbey Road” album. Alex Deryn Buy Photos

The Middle Way House will be raising funds for itself Nov. 15 at the Fields while also celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ “Abbey Road” album. The fundraiser and multi-media presentation will be led by IU music professor Glenn Gass. 

This is a formal event, with an individual ticket costing $125 and a table for eight costing $900. All funds from this event will go toward the Middle Way House’s programs and services. 

Spread throughout six counties in southern Indiana, Middle Way House has been helping those in crisis since 1971, offering services such as emergency shelter, a 24-hour helpline, support for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, legal advocacy and prevention programs. It relies on a staff of 70 and volunteers of more than 300 to fulfill these services. 

Glenn Gass is a Provost Professor of Music in General Studies at the Jacobs School of Music, teaching classes about the history of rock music. Gass has received several teaching awards, including the Herman B Wells Lifetime Achievement Award and the IU Student Alumni Association Student Choice Award. He is also on the Education Advisory Board of Cleveland’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. 

For more information on the event or the Middle Way House in general, visit www.middlewayhouse.org

More in Arts