Bloomington man arrested for alleged possession of synthetic marijuana and meth

<p>&nbsp;</p>

A 43-year-old Bloomington man was arrested by a Bloomington Police Department patrol officer just after midnight Tuesday. 

Brian Thacker is being held on several drug-related charges. Thacker was also previously sentenced for dealing of synthetic marijuana, according to court records. 

An officer was on patrol near Crawford Apartments on Henderson Street, and he observed a man walk out of the complex and turn around after seeing the patrol car.

Capt. Ryan Pedigo said the officer in the patrol car viewed this as suspicious behavior and followed Thacker, stopping him to ask his name. Upon questioning Thacker, the officer stated that he was shaking and acting nervous.

Pedigo said Thacker consented to a search of his bag. When the officer tried to search his person, Thacker put his hand behind his back and shoved something into his waistband. The officer then searched him and found a small Nylon pouch in his waistband.

Thacker admitted there was synthetic marijuana in the pouch. 

Pedigo said there were nine small plastic bags all containing synthetic marijuana, a smoking device and another bag of white crystals believed to be meth.

Thacker told the officer he had been sold the pouch by someone who lives in Crawford Apartments. He told police he planned to sell the synthetic marijuana at the Shalom Center and use the meth himself, Pedigo said. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.