arts community events

Bishop Bar celebrates 10th anniversary

entBishop

The Bishop Bar in Bloomington is celebrating its 10th anniversary this Saturday. Located at 123 S. Walnut St., the Bishop regularly shows bands for crowds of either 18 or 21 and up. This weekend, the bar will have several bands from the Bloomington area, including Mike Adams at his Honest Weight, Tammar and Busman's Holiday.

“I’m sure we’ll have several hundred people through the doors based on past anniversaries," Stephen Westrich, owner and founder of the Bishop, said.

The 10th anniversary will be a special event for the bar as the proceeds will go toward the Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard, a local food pantry, Westrich said. People can show up whenever without worrying about having to purchase a ticket in advance and can donate to the food pantry at the door.

“Attendees can expect the best local music there is in Bloomington as well as general merriment," Westrich said.

For more information about the bands Mike Adams at his Honest Weight, Tammar and Busman’s Holiday, click the links to their respective websites. Information about Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard can be found here.

More information regarding upcoming events, booking and more can be found at the Bishop Bar website. For the anniversary celebration, patrons are expected to provide donations at the door, but otherwise can attend without advanced tickets. The event will begin at 9 p.m. and will be exclusive to those who are 21 and up and can provide valid ID.