crime & courts

Man arrested for disorderly conduct with knife, dealing fake marijuana

Police arrested a 48-year-old man for disorderly conduct and dealing a counterfeit substance Friday after complaints about him showing a knife in public.

A complainant called police at approximately 2:30 p.m. to report Curtis Davis had been walking with a knife around the corner of North College Avenue and West 10th Street, Bloomington Police Department Sgt. Brandon Siniard said. 

The complainant claimed Davis was spinning the knife and holding it between his two fingers. He told police Davis had followed him and other witnesses into a parking garage and began hitting a dumpster with the knife.

When officers arrived at the scene, Siniard said they observed Davis standing by the dumpster and waving the knife in front of his face. They ordered him to drop the knife. Davis told police he had found the knife in the dumpster.

Davis was taken to the BPD station after being initially charged for disorderly conduct for hitting the dumpster with the knife, Siniard said. At the station, police found two bags of a green leafy substance that was not marijuana on his person. 

Given how the substance was packaged, police determined Davis was going to sell the product and charged him with dealing a counterfeit substance.