sports softball

Hannah Davis transfers to IU softball after spending one season at Kentucky

The Hoosiers beat University of Iowa with a score of 9-3 , March 26, 2016, at Andy Mohr Field. Three years later, IU will play host to its first ever Big Ten Tournament.

IU softball gained a new acquisition Thursday in Hannah Davis, who played her freshman season at University of Kentucky.

Davis has history with IU Coach Shonda Stanton. When Stanton coached at Marshall University in 2017, she heavily recruited Davis out of Scott County High School in Georgetown, Kentucky.

Davis led the team to three state championships and was a four-time All-Region, All-District and team Offensive MVP selection. In her senior year, she hit .600 with 71 hits, 75 RBI and 13 home runs. Davis was also named a Premier Girls Fastpitch High School All-American and First Team All-State.

She also played travel ball for the Louisville Sluggers.

Davis was originally committed to Marshall, but when Stanton took the helm at IU in June of 2017, Davis reopened her options. She decided to stay in-state and play for Kentucky.

At Kentucky, Davis appeared in five games for the Wildcats, finishing with two hits, one double and two runs scored.

"Hannah was originally committed to us at our previous institution, so we are extremely familiar with her and her family," Stanton said in an IU athletics press release. "We are excited to have this second opportunity to coach her. She is a talented ball player who will have an immediate impact as a utility infielder with the ability to provide an offensive spark to our lineup."