Buskirk-Chumley to screen 'Star Wars' I-VI starting this week

C-3PO

Just in time for the beloved saga’s next installment this winter, the Buskirk-Chumley Theater will screen “Star Wars” Episodes I-VI. The screening series begins at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Buskirk-Chumley with a screening of “The Phantom Menace.” The series continues with a new installment each Thursday, concluding Aug. 29 with “Return of the Jedi.”

Each screening starts at 7:30 p.m. with doors opening at 7 p.m. Tickets are $8 for general admission or $6 for patrons 12 and under. In addition to single tickets, the theater also offers discounted ticket rates for “Star Wars” fans dead-set on catching either or both trilogies.

Tickets and ticket packages are available on the Buskirk-Chumley Theater’s website. The screenings are sponsored by the Union Board.

“As with all movie screenings at the BCT, costumes are encouraged,” according to the Buskirk-Chumley’s website. “Light sabers are welcome, but please leave your blaster at home.”

“Star Wars,” since retitled “Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope,” released in 1977 and changed cinema forever. Starring Mark Hamill as a young boy on a desert planet who discovers his ties to an ancient philosophy in the midst of an intergalactic war between good and evil, “A New Hope” was the first film released in an epic and beloved saga.

The series now spans nine chronological episodes, two live-action spinoffs and three television programs. The ninth and final episode, for now at least, is entitled “The Rise of Skywalker” and will be released on Dec. 20.