sports women's basketball

Women's basketball adds transfer from Notre Dame

iuwbbnebraska10

It was announced Friday afternoon that Danielle Patterson, a sophomore transfer from the University of Notre Dame, will be joining the IU women’s basketball program.

Coming out of high school, Patterson was ranked No. 5 in the nation by ESPN Hoopgurlz and was a 2017 McDonald’s All-American.

Patterson participated in the U17 Team USA Trials during her junior year of high school, where she averaged 22 points, 10 rebounds, two steals and two assists per game.

The Queens, New York, native averaged 11.5 minutes and 2.9 points per game in her two seasons at Notre Dame.

“I am very happy Danielle chose to continue her collegiate career at Indiana,” IU Coach Teri Moren said in a press release. “She is a high-caliber player who has great versatility and has the ability to score inside and out.” 

Patterson is the second transfer IU has picked up from Notre Dame in the past two years. Junior Ali Patberg transferred in 2017, and after sitting out one year due to transfer rules, Patberg became the team's leading scorer this past season, where the Hoosiers advanced to the Round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament.

Patterson will sit out the 2019-2020 season, but will have two years of eligibility after that for IU.