IU football gains preferred walk-on in Christian Harris

opfootball030619.jpg

IU football has secured Christian Harris, a wide receiver from the College of DuPage in Illinois, for the 2019 football season.

After two years of playing at junior college, Harris committed to the team, who offered him a spot as a preferred walk-on.

“Coming from the juco, I mean, you just have to keep working and working and hope a team takes a chance on you," Harris said to TheHoosier.com. "Indiana was that team that took the chance on me, and I just can't wait to pay them back for it."

Harris’ HUDL profile lists him as 6-foot-3-inches and 180 pounds, adding some height to IU’s roster.

In 2017, Harris helped DuPage go 7-3 on the season. The receiver had a productive freshman year playing 10 games and totaling 157 yards, an efficient 15.7 yards per game.

Harris scored one touchdown for DuPage in 2017, and he had 13 receptions, with the longest going for a 43-yard gain.

Harris improved during his eight games played in his sophomore year and totaled 164 yards and averaged 20.5 yards each game.

Harris will not have to relocate to IU alone, though, as DuPage teammate and fellow wide receiver Bryan Parker is joining IU's roster as well.

"There will always be people that don't think you have the talent to be there," Harris said in TheHoosier.com article. "I just hope that me and Bryan can stick together throughout this journey and make friends with the teammates that we're going to be playing with at Indiana."