FINAL: Ohio State defeats IU 79-75.
Hoosiers crash out of the Big Ten Tournament at the first hurdle, again, with Devonte Green scoring a career-high 23 points.
IU will miss the NCAA Tournament surely, and the NIT is probably coming to Bloomington.
IU cut it to a two-point game with just seconds remaining, and the United Center was elated, but it goes for naught.
* Under-4 timeout (2:00 to go in the game) Ohio State leads IU 68-60.
Evan Fitzner, Al Durham and Devonte Green have clawed IU back into this thing.
Archie Miller and Fred Glass are living and dying with every possession.
Green leads IU with 20 points, and he's been the engine of this IU offense with Juwan Morgan on the bench.
Potentially a crazy finish in Chicago.
* Under-8 timeout (6:53 to go in the game) Ohio State leads IU 63-46.
It's a blowout in Chicago. Ohio State has just out-hustled and out-fought IU today at the United Center.
Lack of shooting and careless turnvoers, along with just a lack of effort, has been the story today.
* Under-12 timeout (11:10 to go in the game) Ohio State leads IU 53-43.
Romeo Langford is back in the IU locker room with trainer Tim Garl and De'Ron Davis has four fouls and is seated on the IU bench.
Juwan Morgan is trying his best to lift IU back into this game and keep his hopes of a final NCAA Tournament alive.
Langford has returned from the locker room and is back in the IU team huddle.
* Under-16 timeout (15:43 to go in the game) Ohio State leads IU 42-33.
Things are slipping away from the Hoosiers a bit, as the Buckeyes briefly led by double-digit points.
HALFTIME: Ohio State leads IU 35-28.
Devonte Green has powered the IU offense so far, with 11 points. Take away his 4-9 shooting and 3-5 performance on 3s, and IUas a team is just 5-21 overall and 1-10 on 3s.
It's been such a Jekyll-and-Hyde performance from not only Green, but the Hoosiers as a team. Archie Miller's team committed 10 first-half turnovers, and Ohio State has 17 first-half points from those turnovers. Three of those have been from Green, and there lies the probelm for IU.
Ohio State also with a 12-5 advantage in assists.
Simply put, the Hoosiers have become a team relient on Devonte Green to hit big shots as almost a primary form of offense, and with the bad comes the good because of it.
IU has 20 minutes to put itself in the tournament.
* Under-4 timeout (3:02 left in the half) Ohio State leads IU 29-25.
Devonte Green leads IU in scoring with eight points, but he also has a pair of turnovers. The only Hoosier in foul trouble is De'Ron Davis with two.
A bit of perplexing game this is so far. IU has been forced to take a lot of outside shots, and hasn't made many of them, shooting just 8-26 from the field and 3-12 on 3s. That being said, the Hoosiers have clawed their way back to the Buckeyes each time.
* Under-8 timeout (7:59 left in the half) Ohio State leads IU 20-15.
Hoosiers had the game briefly tied at 15 all, and the United Center crowd was roaring in support of IU, but a 3-pointer caused by a missed close out by Evan Fitzner, along with a poor Juwan Morgan turnvoer and ensuing fastbreak bucket, has the Buckeyes back up by five.
Offense from both teams has been sporadic, but the careless mistakes and wasted opportunities have definetly been more with IU so far. De'Ron Davis one of the few Hoosiers to show a lot of fight and hustle on the court thus far.
* Under-12 timeout (11:35 left in the half) Ohio State leads IU 11-8.
The two teams are a combined 6-30 shooting the basketball on offense to start today's game. De'Ron Davis gave IU a bit of a lift off the bench, but as good of a physical presence as he's been against Ohio State's Kaleb Wesson, he is quite slow to closing out on 3-point shooting attempts.
Teams are a combined 3-14 on 3-point attemtps as well, which is reminiscent of the earlier meeting between the teams this season.
* Under-16 timeout (15:39 left in the half) Ohio State leads IU 8-3.
Woeful from the Hoosiers on offense so far, 1-8 from the field and 1-4 on 3s. Justin Smith just had a candidate for worst attempt of the season.
IU hasn't scored in more than 3 minutes. De'Ron Davis and Devonte Green have checked into the game for the Hoosiers.
IU's lone basket was a Romeo Langford 3-pointer.
* Ohio State wins the opening tip and off we go from Chicago.
* Here are the starting lineups for today's game.
* IU Director of Athletics Fred Glass is at the United Center for today's game.
* Today's game is considered by many bracketologists to be a de facto play-in game for the NCAA Tournament.
* The winner of today's game will play the No. 1 seeded Michigan State Spartans in a third round, quarterfinal matchup on Friday.
* The game is taking place at the United Center in Chicago.
* Hello and welcome to today's live updates page for the IU men's basketball against Ohio State. The game is part of the Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament's second round, with the Hoosiers as the No. 9 seed and the Buckeyes as the No. 8 seed.
Like what you're reading? Support independent, award-winning college journalism on this site. Donate here.
More in Sports
A fantasy baseball draft may have been more intriguing than IU's performance.
IU trailed Saint Francis by six points at halftime.
IU has 66 runs in its five game win streak.