sports men's soccer

IU sophomore Trey Muse signs homegrown contract with Seattle Sounders FC

IU's Trey Muse vs. VCU

In just two seasons, sophomore Trey Muse became one of the most decorated goalkeepers in the history of the IU men’s soccer program.

On Tuesday afternoon, he signed a homegrown deal with Seattle Sounders FC to forego his final two seasons of eligibility.

“Without a doubt, Trey will go down as one of our all-time great goalkeepers,” IU Coach Todd Yeagley said in an IU Athletics press release. “His numbers are among the best in NCAA history. Trey has a wonderful opportunity in Seattle to play for an excellent club with a rich history. I expect Trey to have a long and successful professional career.”

Muse is tied for fifth in program history in career shutouts with 30 and is tied for 10th in career victories at 38. He was the active NCAA D1 leader in shutouts, save percentage and goals-against average.

In his freshman season, Muse's 18 shutouts tied an NCAA and IU single-season record. It was also the best mark in Big Ten history.

Last season, he was named to first-team All-America by United Soccer Coaches, first-team Best XI by Top Drawer Soccer, first-team All-America by College Soccer News, Big Ten Goalkeeper of the Year, first-team All-Big Ten, a MAC Hermann Trophy Semifinalist and first-team All-North Region.

“I’d like to thank Coach Yeagley and the staff for giving me the opportunity to play at Indiana University,” Muse said in an IU Athletics press release. “They have helped me grow in my two years on the field and in life. I am fortunate to be in this position from the help of my coaches and teammates. I am proud to be a Hoosier.”