PODCAST: Four-game losing streak marks brutal January for IU men’s basketball

<p>Freshman guard Romeo Langford reaches for the layup against Purdue on Jan. 19 at Mackey Arena. Langford scored four out of IU's 55 points by in the loss.</p>

Freshman guard Romeo Langford reaches for the layup against Purdue on Jan. 19 at Mackey Arena. Langford scored four out of IU's 55 points by in the loss.

After a 3-0 start to Big Ten Conference play, the IU men's basketball team has gone through its roughest stretch of the season.

IU has lost its last four games, including this past week's contests at home against Nebraska and at Purdue, to drop to 3-4 in conference games and 12-6 overall for the season.

Indiana Daily Student men’s basketball writers Cameron Drummond and Ben Portnoy discuss the reasons for IU's recent downturn in fortunes, any positives to come out of a 15-point road loss at Purdue and look ahead to the importance of this week's games as IU looks to stay in the NCAA Tournament picture.

Brendan Quinn of The Athletic Detroit also joins the podcast to help preview IU's rematch against Michigan this Friday night.

PODCAST SEGMENTS:

1:45 - Inside the guard matchups between IU and Purdue

5:00 - Justin Smith as IU's only positive from the Purdue loss

7:25 - Purdue's offensive runs on either side of halftime and IU's lack of energy in the game

12:15 - Is IU getting enough on-court production from its role players?

15:10 - IU's lack of depth and outside shooting, and how much does it limit the Hoosiers on offense?

19:30 - Looking ahead to this week's games

24:40 - An interview with Brendan Quinn, Michigan and Michigan State basketball writer for The Athletic Detroit