Instant Recap: IU men's basketball loses at home to Michigan

Basketball_Louisville_Morgan_Tiplick2.JPG

* FINAL: Michigan defeats IU 69-46.

Hoosiers have lost six straight games.

IU now 12-8 this season, with a 3-6 record in conference games and a trip to Rutgers on tap for next week.

* Under-4 timeout (3:44 left in the game) Michigan leads IU 62-44.

Should be all but over for the Wolverines. 

* Under-8 timeout (7:22 left in the game) Michigan leads IU 58-41.

Hoosiers still struggling to do anything more than keep pace with the Wolverines as the second half unfolds.

Romeo Langford and Rob Phinisee are a combined 4-20 shooting the ball and have 11 points together. As a team the Hoosiers have continued the trend of struggling from distance, missing 11 of their 14 three-point attempts.

A trio of Michigan players are in double-figures scoring the ball, while IU just has Juwan Morgan with 15 points. Only six Hoosiers have played in the second half.

* Under-12 timeout (11:20 left in the game) Michigan leads IU 50-34.

Hoosiers had momentum for a fleeting second, but now its gone.

Brazdeikis with 18 for Michigan, Morgan with 15 for IU, but the Hoosiers haven't gotten help form anyone else, while Michigan has Charles Matthews with 10 points and Jon Teske with 8 points.

Romeo Langford and Rob Phinisee both struggling to produce offensively, going a combined 3-15, with Phinisee taking 10 shots.

* Under-16 timeout (15:52 left in the game) Michigan leads IU 41-29.

The Hoosiers briefly had the game within single digits, but the two teams have continued to trade baskets at a pretty decent rate, unlike the end of the first half.

Ignas Brazdeikis leads all players with 18 points on seven of 10 shooting.

The Assembly Hall crowd remains as rowdy as ever, screaming with every whistle and made basket.

* HALFTIME: Michigan leads IU 33-18.

It was an incredibly weird half of basketball in Bloomington.

From frequent issues with the shot clocks to Michigan starting the game on a 17-0 run, that half had it all.

What it did not have, though, was consistent offensive success from the Hoosiers, who went 5-25 from the field and 1-10 from three-point range.

Juwan Morgan's seven points lead IU, but he's still just 2-5 from the field. Romeo Langford has 0 points and 3 personal fouls at the break.

Just an overall flat performance from IU, especially considering that Michigan went cold from the field as the half progressed and IU still couldn't close the gap significantly on the scoreboard.

The Assembly Hall crowd was also tremendously angry with both IU and the officials as the half came to a close.

* Under-4 timeout (3:44 to go in the first half) Michigan leads IU 28-12.

This game has become very stagnant since the 17-0 opening run by the Wolverines.

Al Durham has tried his best to spark IU, scoring six points, but the Hoosier offense has still been abysmal.

The Assembly Hall crowd is begging to get excited and cheer about anything, but those opportunities are few and far between. 

* Under-8 timeout (7:47 to go in the first half) Michigan leads IU 24-7.

Hoosiers only have two made field goals in the game, while Michigan has three players with that amount. 

Ignas Brazdeikis leads all scorers with 10 points for the Wolverines. Historically bad offense from IU so far.

* Under-12 timeout (11:16 to go in the first half) Michigan leads IU 17-2.

The Hoosiers are still without a field goal, as their only points in the game came from a pair of Al Durham free throws.

IU is 0-10 from the field, and Romeo Langford has three fouls, while Zach McRoberts has two fouls.

IU's shot clock has resumed not working, so Public Address Announcer Chuck Crabb is counting down the shot clock for IU as it winds down.

Michigan began the game on a 17-0 run and the boos have been common from IU students and fans in attendance.

* Under-16 timeout (15:57 to go in the first half) Michigan leads IU 12-0.

That was a disastrous start from the Hoosiers in every possible way.

Just seven seconds into the game, a lengthy delay occurred because of a malfunctioning shot clock on the basket IU was shooting on.

While that problem has been fixed, IU's offense has still not gotten going tonight. The Hoosiers have missed their first five shots and also turned the ball over twice, while Michigan is five of six from the field. Freshman Ignas Brazdeikis has five points to lead the Wolverines.

Worst possible way to start for IU.

* Michigan wins the tipoff and off we go from a very loud Assembly Hall.

* Here are the starting lineups for tonight's game.

* These two teams previously met in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in early January, with Michigan taking a commanding first-half lead before winning 74-63.

* IU enters tonight's game with a 12-7 overall record and a 3-5 mark in conference play. Michigan is 18-1 overall, with a 7-1 mark in Big Ten games. The Wolverines recently lost their first game of the season, against Wisconsin.

* Hello and welcome to tonight's live updates page for the men's basketball game between IU and No. 5 Michigan.