sports track & field

IU track and field heads to Kentucky for the Jim Green Invitational

IU vs TEN

The IU track and field team hits the road for the first time this season to compete in the Jim Green Invitational on Friday and Saturday at the University of Kentucky. 

The Jim Green Invitational hosts 20 teams, two of which IU faced earlier this season at the Hoosier Open — University of Cincinnati and Kentucky. 

The Hoosiers head into the meet coming off of a victory against the University of Tennessee last weekend, along with a sweep of the weekly Big Ten awards.

Sophomore distance runner Cooper Williams and sophomore sprinter and hurdler Natalie Price picked up track athlete of the week honors while senior jumper Eric Bethea and sophomore pole vaulter Anna Watson took home field honors. 

Indiana will also be looking to defend their nationally ranked times and heights in multiple events. 

This includes Williams in the mile, Price in the women's 400-meter, and Bethea in the the triple jump.  

Both Williams and Bethea are ranked first nationally in their respective events, while Price is ranked third.  

Along with them, other members of the team will look to pick up where they left off against Tennessee.

On the men’s side, names to watch include redshirt freshman sprinter Rikkoi Brathwaite, sophomore sprinter Zubin Muncherji, redshirt sophomore distance runner Ben Veatch and junior pole vaulter Adam Coulon. Each took first place in his respective events in Indiana’s last meet. 

On the women’s side, look out for junior thrower Khayla Dawson and distance runners junior Kelsey Harris and sophomore Grace Walther to defend their first place finishes.

The meet gets underway with the weight throw and high jump beginning at 4 p.m. Friday.