Hoosiers in the NBA: Beginning of the season

CAROUSEL

Since the NBA regular season started on Oct. 17, eight former IU men's basketball players have seen the floor so far. 

There are multiple Hoosiers who have seen quality minutes for their respective NBA teams throughout the first two weeks of the season.

Toronto Raptors forward OG Anunoby, who played at IU from 2015-17, has appeared in five of the team's seven games and has started once. He has averaged 24.2 minutes and has played well next to forward Kawai Leonard. Anunoby has upped his points per game from 5.92 to 7.20. He didn’t appear in Monday’s game against Milwaukee due to personal reasons and is listed as day-to-day.

During the offseason, center Thomas Bryant, who played at IU from 2015-17, was released by the Los Angeles Lakers but was picked up by the Washington Wizards just two days later. He has appeared in two games for the Wizards, averaging 6.5 PPG and 3.5 rebounds per game in 10 minutes per game. Due to injuries on the Wizards roster, Bryant could be in line to see more playing time.

After the Dallas Mavericks made Yogi Ferrell (2012-16) an unrestricted free agent, the Sacramento Kings came in and signed Ferrell to a two-year, $5.3 million contract. Ferrell has appeared in all seven games and has started in two of them. He’s averaged 7.3 PPG and 1.57 RPG while shooting 35 percent from three.

Eric Gordon (2007-08) has remained a key player for the Houston Rockets this season. He’s appeared in all five games while starting three of them. Gordon averages 14.4 PPG and 3.4 RPG in 33.4 MPG. Throughout the beginning of this season, Gordon is shooting a career-low 23 percent from three.

After his first all-star nod last season, guard Victor Oladipo (2010-13) has started in all seven games thus far for the Indiana Pacers. He has averaged 21.71 PPG, 5.86 RPG, and 4.86 APG, while shooting a career-best 43 percent from three. Oladipo has scored 25 points against the Brooklyn Nets and the Milwaukee Bucks. 

After being released by the Chicago Bulls, Noah Vonleh (2013-14) has found a role with the New York Knicks this season. He has started in two games and has averaged 7.57 PPG and 8.29 RPG in 19.5 MPG. On Monday night against the Brooklyn Nets, Vonleh had eight points and 10 rebounds in 28 minutes with the start. His performance was highlighted with an impressive dunk on Jarrett Allen.

Troy Williams (2013-16) signed a two-way contract with the Sacramento Kings this season and has only appeared in one game. Williams scored three points and had one rebound in 11 minutes of action.

Charlotte Hornets center Cody Zeller (2011-13) has started in every game this season. Zeller is averaging 9.43 PPG and 6 RPG in the seven games. In his last game against the Philadelphia 76ers, Zeller had 12 points and six rebounds against all-star center Joel Embiid.