student life

TEDx conference to headline at IU Auditorium

News-filler

TEDx is returning to the IU Auditorium as a student-run conference this fall.

This year’s theme is “From Ashes We Rise.” It will include six speakers from around the world and will premiere at 7 p.m. Oct. 12  at the IU Auditorium, according to a TEDxIndianaUniversity press release.

Speakers will include NASA worker Dr. Giada Arney, IU Kelley School of Business alumnus Jonathan Jones, founder of Overdose Lifeline Justin Phillips, professor and scientist for Amazon Artificial Intelligence Dr. Anima Anandkumar, philosopher Trevor Paetkau and one speaker who is yet to be determined.

This will be the organization’s fourth year coming to the University, and speakers will discuss different humanitarian topics, according to the press release.

The event will focus on the different speakers' abilities to overcome life’s challenges. The audience can expect to leave these talks with different ways to rise above life’s difficulties.

As compared to previous TEDx events, students can expect to hear how, despite major setbacks, these diverse speakers have overcome incredible challenges.

The audience will leave these talks with wider perspectives on how to tackle obstacles that come their way,” Ben Wallace, a member for the TEDxIndianaUniversity Marketing Team, said. “Whether you're interested in technology, science, entrepreneurship, social justice or personal growth, you will find a speaker that relates to your aspirations.”

Tickets will be available starting at 10 a.m. Aug. 29. at the IU Auditorium box office or online at iuauditorium.com. Student tickets are $14 and $24 for the general public.