news

News you need to know for Tuesday, Sept. 11

morning rundown site

IU receives $4.9 million grant to boost cybersecurity

The School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering has moved to Luddy Hall. The building is named after IU alumnus Fred Luddy. Luddy is the founder of ServiceNow, "a Silicon Valley-based company that delivers cloud-based, automated IT help desk services," according to a 2015 IU press release. Ty Vinson Buy Photos

New grant will fund a cybersecurity research center led by IU. Read more here.

Monday media: Tom Allen talks about Stevie Scott, IU's linebackers and knocking over a trash can

Freshman running back Stevie Scott points to the sky Friday night after scoring against Virginia at Memorial Stadium. IU brought its season to 2-0 after its 20-16 win over Virginia. Jared Rigdon Buy Photos

From Scott's special game to the trash can kick, Allen discussed the events of Saturday's home win. Read more here.

Restaurants at Woodland closure no longer in effect at Forest Quad

A wet floor sign stands in front of the pick-up counter of the Round in the Restaurants at Woodlands. The Round and the Clubhouse are closed until further notice due to a piping problems.  Peter Talbot Buy Photos

Health department closed restaurants due to drain blockage. Read more here.

COLUMN: What a vampire slayer taught me about feminine strength

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" was a TV show that aired from 1996 to 2003. It was announced that a reboot is currently in the works.  Movie Stills Database Buy Photos

The new “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” reboot was announced this summer. Read more here.

More in News