Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte released early this year

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Although it was still 90 degrees outside, the first sign of fall arrived Tuesday with the return of Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte.

The drink is notorious for being one of the franchise's most popular seasonal drinks, and Starbucks dropped a sweet deal for die-hards this year by releasing the pumpkin spice flavoring slightly earlier than normal.

Other options for the drink also includes a pumpkin spice Frappuccino and an iced version for those who are in the mood for a colder beverage.

Students on campus can regularly be seen crowding the local Starbucks on Kirkwood Avenue to get their caffeine fix. Today was no exception, and many students jumped on the opportunity to get the new drink on its early release day.

Senior Alexandra Rudig said she hates that the pumpkin spice latte is already available because she loves the drink so much.

“You feel very basic, but it is what it is," Rudig said. "I’m very happy that it’s back.”

Starbucks employees at the Kirkwood location felt the heat today as orders came rushing in for the signature drink.

“Almost every drink, if not every other, is pumpkin spice, whether hot, iced or Frappuccino,” Starbucks worker Alexa Suydam said.

Starbucks also recently released its salted caramel mocha, another seasonal favorite. The pumpkin spice latte is easily paired with an apple cider doughnut, pumpkin scone or slice of pumpkin bread.