arts   |   performances   |   music

Bloomington residents can look forward to 'Doses & Mimosas' this September

ENTER_MUS-JUNIOR-ACTS_2_TB (1)

Jordan Kelley, left, and Jason Huber, right, of the band Cherub perform live at Budweiser Made in America Festival on Aug. 30, 2014 in downtown Philadelphia, Pa.  Tribune News Service Buy Photos

The Floozies and Cherub made their way to Bluebird Nightclub as part of the "Your Girlfriend Already Bought Tickets Tour" last February. This fall, both bands are making their way back to Bloomington — though this time around, it'll be separately.

As part of their “Crown of Horns Tour,” The Floozies, a live electronic duo from Lawrence, Kansas, will play a show at 9 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11 at the Bluebird.

The two brothers, Mark and Matt Hill, play their funk sets without a setlist, or a word spoken between the two, according to their Spotify page. Nothing is pre-recorded or sampled, so every show they play is entirely improvised.

The duo, formed in January of 2008, came to Bloomington in early 2016, along with Cherub, to perform at the Bluebird.

Cherub, the duo behind the popular track “Doses & Mimosas,” will also be performing at the Bluebird on Sept. 27.

Jordan Kelley and Jason Huber combine dance, rock, electronic sounds and funk. Both attended Middle Tennessee State University and were friends for five years before forming Cherub.

Tickets to see The Floozies are on sale now, ranging from $17 to $20. Tickets for Cherub are $20.

More in Arts