opinion letters

LETTER: Time to Support Mike Braun

On May 8th, voters went to the polls to select the candidates that would run in the senate race. Despite a bitter primary, voters still selected the candidate they believed best represented them. For the GOP, that candidate was Mike Braun.  

With that in mind, it is time for Indiana Republicans to rally around Braun. Unity will be necessary in the long race if the party is to win the seat from Joe Donnelly.

As an outsider, Braun is an excellent candidate to represent Hoosiers. He has experience both managing his business and creating jobs. This will give him experience promoting job creation in Washington, addressing the tax code and reforming the budget.  

He will also have experience dealing with the healthcare market which will need reform as premiums are set to rise. However, he also has experience as a legislator at the state house which will give him experience needed to accomplish these goals.

Already, Indiana's leaders are supporting Braun. On Twitter, Governor Holcomb, Senator Young and Vice President Pence have promoted him against Donnelly. With Trump's recent rally reminding voters of the need to promote his agenda, a fellow outsider is likely to do that. Once elected, Braun can further the goal of putting America first and keeping it great.  

So support for him is vital and will only further the conservative agenda of growing the economy and protecting individual liberty.