crime & courts bloomington

Man wanted on charge of attempted murder

blotter filler

Bloomington police have a warrant out for the arrest of a man on a charge of attempted murder.

Officers located a 37-year-old man with one gunshot wound to his shoulder and one to his neck after 3:30 p.m. Saturday after being called out to to an apartment on the 3000 block of South Walnut Street Pike.

The man identified his assailant as Ulysses Lewis, 22. Lewis' location is unknown.

An booking photo of Ulysses Lewis, 22, provided by the Bloomington Police Department. Lewis is wanted on a charge of attempted murder in connection to a Saturday shooting.
An booking photo of Ulysses Lewis, 22, provided by the Bloomington Police Department. Lewis is wanted on a charge of attempted murder in connection to a Saturday shooting. Courtesy Photo

Police are requesting anyone with information contact BPD or call 911 immediately.

Lewis is transient but has been staying in Bloomington, according to a BPD press release. He also has ties to Greene and Putnam counties.

The victim was transported to IU Health Bloomington Hospital and then flown to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis by IU Health’s LifeLine service.

There has been no update on the status of the victim’s injuries, and the motive for the shooting remains unclear.

Police are releasing no additional information at this time.

Caroline Anders