Buss receives U23 invite

spiuwbb

IU junior guard Tyra Buss was invited to attend the USA Basketball Women’s U23 Team Training Camp. She is one of 40 players who received an invitation from the USA Basketball Women’s Junior National Team Committee.

Tryouts for the team will take place between July 31 and August 4 in Colorado Springs. If Buss is selected, she will join the team and compete in the inaugural Four Nations Tournament in Tokyo, Japan on August 12-15.

The Four Nations Tournament is for female collegiate athletes under the age of 23. Australia, Canada, Japan and the United States will compete in a round-robin tournament to decide a winner.

The training camp prior to the competition will also consist of a round-robin tournament following multiple different skill development sessions.

Buss has made her skills known in Bloomington the past three seasons as she has skyrocketed up the Hoosiers all-time scoring list. Leading IU in scoring last season at 18.2 points per game, Buss has scored the most points of any player through her junior season.

She currently sits at No. 8 all-time for points scored in a career at IU. Her scoring ability did not go unrecognized on the national stage as she was named to the All-Big Ten First Team in each of the past two seasons. Buss also earned a WBCA All-American honorable mention selection following her junior year.