Straight No Chaser will commemorate 20th year at IU Auditorium

From IDS reports

The IU Auditorium’s 75th anniversary has inspired many special shows and performances throughout the year.

The latest in a series of these events will be a performance by Straight No Chaser, the internationally known IU a cappella group at 8 p.m. Dec. 17.

According to the news release, this year is the 20th anniversary for Straight No Chaser, whose style combines tight vocals, charisma and loose humor.

The group boasts more than 50 million views on YouTube, TV appearances, two EPs and five albums, a few of which have made the top 30 of the Billboard 200.

The upcoming performance will be part of the “The New Old Fashioned Tour,” their biggest headline tour to date, according to the release. The tour occurs in conjunction with their latest album release of the same name, which branches out from their traditionally outward holiday theme.

Straight No Chaser was formed in 1996, and the 10-member group has spread throughout the years. They landed a record deal with Atlantic Records, had their story optioned for a possible film from DreamWorks and received notoriety worldwide for their performance style. They perform in the traditional style of a cappella performance, now popularized in the modern music landscape, according to the release. Hits that will receive the Straight No Chaser shine include The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face,” Bob Dylan’s “Make You Feel My Love” and many more.

IU Auditorium Director Doug Booher said in the release he is excited to welcome the group back to honor both their anniversary and the IU Auditorium’s big 75th year.

Along with the performance will be a pre-show question-and-answer session with former member Ryan Ahlwart at 7 p.m. Dec. 17 in the Wells-Metz Theatre. Ahlwart will take audience members behind the scenes with the beloved group, 
according to the release.

Tickets for the performance range from $20 to $52 for students with valid ID and $37 to $57 for general admission. Tickets are available through the IU Auditorium Box Office and Ticketmaster outlets, by phone or online through Ticketmaster’s website.