sports tennis

Hoosiers compete in Louisville Invitational

The Hoosiers returned from the Louisville Invitational with a Flight A consolation doubles victory Sunday.

Four members of the team competed in the invitational Friday through Sunday, while 13 other teams participated, including Butler, Kentucky and Big Ten rival Purdue.

Doubles partners Davila and Yee opened the invitational with an 8-3 win over Morehead State’s Garrett Mandrell and Enrique 
Samudio on Friday.

Yee also won his singles match against Butler’s Mikheil Khmiadashvili, 6-2, 6-1, while Manji and Lugonjic defeated their Campellsville and Austin Peay opponents in singles matches.

The Hoosiers then moved onto doubles competition, where they could not escape the Wildcats.

The Davila-Yee duo competed in the quarterfinal round Saturday and defeated Middle Tennessee State’s Jacob Pugh and Michael Apple, 8-6, to advance to the 
semifinals.

Yee and Davila then continued into the Flight B doubles semifinals, where they were defeated by Kentucky’s freshman Austin Hussey and sophomore Jake Stefanik, 8-3.

In the Flight A doubles semifinals, Manji and Lugonjic found victory, 8-4, against Butler’s freshmen Adrian Mag and Spencer Lang. The duo continued on to win the consolation bracket versus Morehead State’s junior Ritchie Kruunenberg and junior 
Gabriel Ruiz, 8-7.

IU returns to play with a road trip Nov. 6-8 to Winston-Salem, North Carolina, to compete in the Wake Forest Invitational.