Blues society established in southern Indiana

From IDS reports

The founders of the South Central Indiana Blues Society announced its formation Friday.

According to its website, sciblues.org, the society’s mission is “to educate the public on the history and future of the blues, to support and promote local artists and to preserve the Blues as an American art form.”

Currently, the society is run by a board of nine directors: Nancy Gaylord, president; Jennifer Blankenship, vice president; Neely Druin, secretary; Jeff Shew, director of event coordination; Wayne Justice, director of social media; Tim Remmy, director of marketing; Eric Gaylord, director of web presence and IT; David Withered, director of blues history and Dan Withered, 
director of blues education.

According to its website, the South Central Indiana Blues Society is working to become an 
affiliate of The Blues 
Foundation, the Memphis, Tennessee-based organization responsible for the Blues Hall of Fame and dedicated to the 
preservation of blues 
music history.

Once it is an affiliate, the society will have the opportunity to qualify for a chance to compete in the annual International Blues Challenge in Memphis.

The founders are appearing on the Blue Monday radio program on WFHB Community Radio on Tuesday to speak more about the formation of the society and 
membership.

Other events include membership drives at Garlic Fest on Sept. 5 in Bloomington and the SCI Blues Society Kick-off Party on Nov. 20 at the Pine Room Tavern & Muddy Boots Café in Nashville, 
Indiana.

The society is currently accepting members at various levels.