opinion politics

COLUMN: Donald is a wild card, not a Trump card

The reality TV star needs to face his reality

Donald Trump didn’t come here to make friends.

The presidential candidate’s reality television background seems to be reappearing as he stirs up drama on his campaign trail.

Donald Trump kicked off his campaign last week by covering all the important topics: ISIS, free trade and how he would love to invite President Obama to resign and play golf on his golf course which, as he claimed in his announcement, is the “best in the world.”

But what struck the biggest nerve were Trump’s comments on immigration, specifically Mexican ?immigration.

He contended in his speech, “when Mexico sends its people, they are not sending their best... They are sending people that have lots of problems.”

Then Trump proposed the U.S. just build a great big wall between the two countries and force Mexico to pay for it. Even though, as he pointed out later on in his remarks, he is not in need of any money and is extremely, ridiculously, filthily rich.

But Donald Trump is a man with many connections, mostly because he owns at least a little bit of almost everything. He owns part of the Miss Universe pageant, which airs on both NBC and Univision, a large Spanish-language network.

NBC has already issued a statement about not sharing Trump’s views.

But Univision took it a step further and severed all ties with Trump and will not be showing the Miss Universe pageant this year.

So Trump did what any other grown-up baby would do and told Univision they couldn’t play with any of his stuff anymore. The employees of Univision have been banned from the huge beautiful golf course that he holds so dear to his heart.

Trump’s actions display a little more of what fans of “The Apprentice” and ?“The Celebrity Apprentice” are used to. He poked and prodded to start some fights and spice up his politics.

The GOP already wasn’t going to take Trump seriously, but his biased remarks about Mexico and his well-fine-then attitude have no doubt distanced him farther from the party.

Right now Trump is like a wild card contestant on a game show sent into the competition solely to pick fights and step on toes. He’s there to make the other contestants, the 2016 Republican candidates, look good. And he’s d?oing an excellent job of it.

Donald Trump, let me put this in a language you’ll understand: You’re the weakest link; please pack your knives; you’ve been fired off the ?island.