Tom Green to Make Comedic Debut in Bloomington

Green

Comedian Tom Green will be making his official debut in Bloomington, with a stand-up performance Monday night at the Comedy Attic.

Having never performed at the Comedy Attic before, Green will be doing a one-night special titled “Tom Green’s Bloomington Debut!” at the club.

Best known for his unique brand of comedy, Green has had a comedic career for almost 20 years, performing since the late ‘90s all around the country.

He has also had a mainstream career, having had his own MTV show, “The Tom Green Show.” He was also a guest comedian on “The Late Show with David Letterman” and “Saturday Night Live.” He has starred in films such as “Road Trip,” “Charlie’s Angels” and “Freddy Got ?Fingered.”

The Comedy Attic was listed in top ten lists for the best comedy clubs in the country in magazine publications such as “USA Today” and “Travel + Leisure” in 2014.

Comedy Attic owner Jared Thompson said that with the reputation the Comedy Attic has received as of lately, Tom Green’s agent called the club to ask if Green could perform there.

“Routinely we are thought of as the best audiences in the world, that even some of the most noteworthy comedians have said that we have the best club in country,” Thompson said. “The word travels to people like Tom. We like to have comics like him come to us and do stand-up.”

Thompson said he is looking forward to seeing what Green will be doing for his routine and will be just as shocked and interested to see what he’s going to do as much as everyone else.

“We all like the legacy Tom Green has, having watched his career all along,” Thompson said. “He has done things that broke grounds, and he fits alongside a lot of great comedy voices. To be able to present someone in any given moment of time who is a trailblazer and were at the top of the food chain is an honor for the Comedy Attic.”

While Green is widely known for his work as a comic actor, he has been doing stand-up comedy since 2010.

“Stand-up comedy is hard since it really takes an immense amount of patience and your timing needs to be very good,” Thompson said. “It’s going to be interesting seeing someone like him take part in the world of stand-up comedy since I know him best as a comical actor.”

“Tom Green’s Bloomington Debut!” will begin at 8 p.m. Monday for one night only.

Doors will open at 7 p.m. and tickets are $20.

“He is just a naturally funny person, and I am sure he’s going to do a great job of entertaining people for an hour,” Thompson said. “We are all interested in seeing what he’s going to do.”