sports volleyball

IU plays Iowa tonight

Sophomore Taylor Lebo goes up to block a spike during IU's match against Wisconsin on Saturday at University Gym. The Hoosiers lost 3-0 to the Badgers.

IU has a chance to do something tonight that will prove just how far the program has come this ?season.

If IU (14-10, 5-7) beats Iowa (11-12, 3-9) tonight in Iowa City, Iowa, it will secure its sixth Big Ten win of the season.

During the past three seasons, ever since the team’s Sweet 16 run in 2010, the Hoosiers have ?struggled.

IU has gone 6-54 in the Big Ten, a winning percentage of just .100, and been near the bottom of the standings for the entirety of those three years.

If the Hoosiers knock off Iowa tonight, they would have as many conference wins during this season than they have had in the three previous seasons combined.

Iowa is one of the weaker opponents in the Big Ten. Out of all the teams in the Big Ten who were in the conference last year, Iowa has the worst conference record this season.

Maryland and Rutgers have struggled so far this season, going a combined 2-22 in the Big Ten so far in each of their first years in the Big Ten.

Tonight’s game against Iowa will be at 8 p.m. EST. IU is coming off a three-set sweep loss against Wisconsin, the No. 4 team in the nation.

The game will be broadcast on BTN Plus, a service offered from the Big Ten Network that viewers can pay for.