Young the Giant performs free show

Young the Giant is coming to campus and students can see the group for free.

Rudi Wilhoite, campus ambassador for Yahoo On the Road, said Yahoo will be on campus Wednesday through Friday to give out concert ticket vouchers. All people need is access to the Internet.

“It’s really exciting because I love Young the Giant,” she said.

There are many bands traveling across the country, going from campus to campus. Yahoo assigned different groups for each ?university.

The concert tour started in late September in New Jersey with Bleachers.

Other bands that will be featured nationwide are Matt and Kim, Panic! At the Disco and Tokyo Police Club, according to the tour website.

IU was assigned Young the Giant, Wilhoite said. The show is Monday at IU ?Auditorium.

For those interested in tickets, free Fitbits, speakers and other technology, look for a massive tour bus.

They will have these giant hubs set up, Wilhoite said. There will be two, one near the IU Art Museum and the other near Ballantine Hall.

Though they will be free, tickets are limited.

Once students arrive at a Yahoo hub, they will receive a voucher that contains a code. When people insert the codes online at yahoo.com/ontheroad they will receive two free tickets, she said.

“It’s super easy,” she said. Users are required to input first name, last name and code.

For Wilhoite, the upcoming Young the Giant concert was also a resume booster. She is one of two Yahoo campus advisers at IU.

“It also helps me out with my own career path,” she said.

This concert was not an event she would have ordinarily had the chance to work on, she said.

Wilhoite, an arts management major, said a lot of work goes into planning the event, and that it moved fast.

For her, the experience was enjoyable.

She is happy Yahoo is offering students a chance to get these concert tickets for free. When talking with her friends and classmates, all she said she heard were positive things.

“A lot of people wouldn’t have the chance otherwise,” she said.

Wilhoite said social media was key in this event’s success.

Chalking only goes so far, she said, especially with uncontrollable weather. For the event to go well, there needed to be a social media presence.

“I think this is very much a social media project,” she said. “Social media nowadays, especially in our age group, is a huge, huge thing.”