Can you handle 7 beers in 60 minutes?

We tried it. So can you.

Power hour

Grab some 21-year-old friends, seven or eight beers per person, something to keep time, and prepare yourself. The goal here is to drink one shot glass full of beer every minute for an hour. We recommend finding a good power hour playlist on YouTube or a music website so you don’t have to count minutes and can just take a drink whenever the song changes. Of course, know your limits and drink responsibly.

Our expert power hour scientists conducted their experiment with Busch Light, a significant step down in quality for beer snobs, and tested five different playlists.

Middle school grind

By far our favorite playlist. It feels like what you’d expect from a power hour. FratMusic has some good power hour playlists. You’ll want a sober friend to run the music, though, since the songs don’t automatically change.

“Get Low” by Lil Jon

“Right Thurr” by Chingy

“Hot in Here” by Nelly

90s Power Hour

There’s not enough throwback in this. And whose idea was it to put “Black Hole Sun” in here?

“Whoop! There it is” by Tag Team

“All That She Wants” by Ace of Base

“Down” by 311

Disney Power Hour (with subtitles)

Great playlist and a wonderful way to associate your childhood with drinking. We came back to it later and finished the playlist.

“Circle of Life” from “The Lion King”

“You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from

“Toy Story”

“Be Prepared” from “The Lion King”

2000s Decade Music Video Power Hour

This is the first part of a six-playlist series from the 2000s, and it includes 10 hip-hop songs from the decade. For the most part, it had good variety within the genre.

“The Next Episode” by Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg

“Big Pimpin’” by Jay-Z feat. UGK

“Party Up (Up in Here)” by DMX

Country Music Sing-a-Long Power Hour

The two Texans in the room approved of the playlist, but the rest of us weren’t sold. That might have more to do with our musical tastes than anything else.

“Country Girl” by Luke Bryan

“Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)”

by Big & Rich

“My Kinda Party” by Jason Aldean

Stream of consciousness

two shots of beer in: Busch Light is gross. Four shots of beer in: Other great power hours: Chinese buffet power hour, pizza power hour, Biz fries power hour, tamale power hour. Seven shots of beer in: We should’ve gotten a breathalyzer. Sometime after that — My count is already lost. Ooops…There isn’t a bad Mulan song!!! I’m singing.Wait…it’s our last one? But more Disney…OMG IGNITION. Wait where’s Miley and Robin Thicke? Standing up changes the game. Seal breaking time. AH! LEVELS! I love Levels! Busch Light still sucks.