Communion Clubnight to return

FROM IDS REPORTS

Originally started in part by Ben Lovett of Mumford and Sons, the Communion Clubnight series will return to Bloomington 8 p.m. Tuesday.

The show will feature a line-up of both national and local bands at the Bishop Bar.
Jeff the Brotherhood, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Bonesetters, Indigo Wild and special guests will perform live sets.

The Communion Clubnight tour is a monthly tour that takes place in nine venues on the east coast and in the Midwest.

“Essentially, it’s a monthly tastemakers series featuring national touring acts and local emerging artists,” Hilary Sprecher, Head of Clubnights and Emerging Artists in North America, said in an email.

Communion was originally started in the summer of 2006 at London’s Notting Hill Arts Club.

The group quickly grew into a community of musicians and fans, which provided an independent platform for young artists on London’s circuit and beyond.

Bloomington Clubnight will take place every second Tuesday of the month, except in July and August, Sprecher said.

“We’ve found that people who have come to Communion events find them fun and a great new platform to discover the best up-and-coming bands,” Sprecher said.

The event is free but requires an RSVP.

People can also walk up on the day of the show, but audience members must be at least 18 years old to enter the venue.

“This month will be particularly fun because the event is free, and we want everyone to come and have a good time,” Sprecher said.

“When we pick back up in September we’ll be hoping to work with local businesses and brands to offer the audience a live music experience that’s more of a specialized, one day festival experience.”

Interested guests can RSVP online at thebishopbar.com/events/communion-bloomington.

Anu Kumar

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.