Pence makes 3 more cabinet appointments

Gov.-elect Mike Pence announced three more cabinet appointments Wednesday. Pence, a Republican, will be inaugurated Jan. 14, 2013 and replace two-term Gov. Mitch Daniels. He began announcing cabinet appointments shortly after his election, Nov. 6.

Anita Kolkmeier Samuel 
Director of State Personnel
Samuel is a graduate of the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law and University of Indianapolis. She was general counsel for Daniels and former general counsel and policy director for State
Personnel.

“Anita Samuel has an impressive record of service in the Daniels administration,” Pence said in a press release. “She is a proven leader who will capably serve the thousands of dedicated Hoosiers who work for the people and state of Indiana.”

Robert Wynkoop – Commissioner of the Indiana Department of Administration
Wynkoop, a graduate of Taylor University and Ball State University, is the current commissioner of the Department of Administration. He formerly worked as the Department of Administration’s deputy commissioner of procurement and at the IBM Corporation. He also served on the staff of U.S. Sen. Dan Coats.

“Robert Wynkoop is a public servant of the highest caliber and will ensure state government in Indiana continues to function smoothly and effectively,” Pence said in the release.

Mike Alley – Commissioner of the Indiana Department of Revenue Alley

A graduate of Indiana State University, is the current commissioner of the Department of Revenue. He is the former president and CEO of Fifth Third Bank of Central Indiana and former interim chairman and CEO of Integra Bank Corporation of Evansville.

“Mike Alley has extensive experience in the financial world, which he has used to assist the people of Indiana through his role at the DOR,” Pence said in the release. “We are honored to have an individual of his expertise on our team moving forward.”

— Claire Wiseman