Just a few happy thoughts

In lieu of the recent election and all various and sundry bad feelings that it has stirred up, I decided to go to E! News Online to lighten the mood and see what the stars are up to these days because, after all, nothing is more important on this Earth.

Unfortunately, I could not escape the election hype. Almost everyone in Hollywood voted for President Barack Obama, and somehow that was a huge shock.

I found out that Katie Holmes kissed her co-star on Broadway in front of millions because she’s coming back.

But did she even think about how Tom Cruise would feel when he saw his ex-wife doing her job?

Because she gets paid to act? Because she’s an actress?

But she rode the subway home because she’s down to earth.

In the emotional roller coaster ride that was this article, I was left conflicted.

In fashion news, Kristen Stewart rocked an edgy ponytail.

It was not just any ponytail but an edgy one.

Lady Gaga recently got fat and said, “Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it?”

That was probably not the best way to announce to the world that you’ve gained 20 pounds. She’s a good role model.

Also, apparently manicures are in fashion right now.

Because remember how they went out of fashion earlier?

Coco, Ice Cube’s wife, will compete in the Booty Olympics, because that is a thing.
Finally, you can vote about DC vs. Marvel, Taylor Swift vs. her exes and Team Edward vs. Team Jacob.

Don’t worry, it was Marvel, her exes and Team Jacob.

If that did nothing to cheer you up, then know that golden retriever and corgi mixes exist, you’ve never been in a Tosh.0 video and the sun will come out tomorrow.

­— ewenning@umail.iu.edu