politics

Romney, Ryan seek nomination despite delayed RNC

TAMPA, Fla. — As day two of the Republican National Convention dawns in Tampa, Fla., delegates and media will turn to an updated “Order of Business” for Tuesday, themed “We Built It.”

After Monday’s events were cancelled due to the effects of approaching Tropical Storm Isaac, much of the programming originally scheduled for that day was delayed.

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and presumptive vice-presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., are expected to be nominated during Tuesday’s session.

Speaker of the House John Boehner, R-Ohio, will begin Romney’s official nomination process.

Nominating speeches by former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu, Deputy Permanent Convention Co-Chair and House of Delegates Member Barbara Comstock and Romney-Ryan Campaign Adviser Ron Kaufman will follow.

Ryan’s nomination speech will be delivered by fellow Wisconsin native and National Committeeman Steve King. Official nomination will take place during the roll call of the states.

Other speakers tomorrow include former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, Ann Romney, the presidential hopeful’s wife, and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the keynote speaker.