An 'Alright' album

yael

“As I walk above the pavement, I can feel you walking with me, carrying me,” Yael Meyer sings on her latest album – her third since “Common Ground” in 2000. This ethereal quality lies thick within every lyric and melody on the record, as Meyer sings about celestial choirs, enduring love and the ephemeral nature of life. 

“Everything Will Be Alright” was written as a continuation of Meyer’s second, 2009 release, “Heartbeat EP.” The record, a five-track fruit of self-discovery during the Berklee grad’s break from the industry, spawned television hits.   

The saccharine “Shed Their Fear” and “Tea for Two” made their way to romantic comedy/drama shows like “Private Practice” and “Drop Dead Diva” and have unsurprisingly resurfaced in this latest release.  

The Chilean songstress’ sound is shy, sweet and girly – her songs would not be out of place at the quintessential sun-drenched picnic at a park in bloom.  

The star of this album is “Backbone,” a song about finding refuge in the midst of turmoil. The glowing beats and otherworldly vocal layering are reminiscent of her older offerings.  

Velvety and infused with the swing of lounge rhythm and gentle electronica, “Common Ground” was honest in its approach, and gifted listeners with a collection of raw and alluring tracks.  

“Everything Will Be Alright,” however, is more polished and conscientious of its surroundings. It only seeks to cradle listeners with a blend of forgettable ditties and Meyer’s airy crooning – proving that sometimes, pretty alone just isn’t good enough.