Robert Spierer: 'Help your children find the courage to come forward'

Parents of Lauren Spierer appeal to her friends to provide new information

Robert and Charlene Spierer addressed the press this morning at a conference at the Bloomington Police Department.

Their message: We aren’t going anywhere.

Their resolve to find out what happened to their daughter Lauren, who went missing four weeks ago on June 3, is just as strong, they said.

Both Robert and Charlene directly addressed friends of their daughter who might have information about what happened early that Friday morning.

“To the person who has knowledge about Lauren...If you think that our determination is any less, it’s not,” Charlene said. “We are just as determined today as we were on day one.”

Robert said that while friends and family gather for Fourth of July celebrations, he hopes parents will sit down with the students who were with Lauren and ask what they know.

“Help your children find the courage to come forward. Help them find their moral compass,” he said. “With your guidance and strength, they’ll do the right thing.”

At a previous press conference, the BPD said only one of Lauren’s friends has come forward with information about that night.

Robert thanked the thousands of searchers, as well as the entire Bloomington community.

Charlene said the Bloomington Police Department has her full support as they investigate her daughter’s disappearance.

The BPD did not take questions, and did not provide information about recent canine searches at 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton, where Lauren visited friends before she disappeared.

Charlene said her husband listened to old voicemails on his phone yesterday when Lauren’s voice came on: “Hi dad! It’s me.”

“I just want to say, ‘Hi, Lauren. It’s mom. We’re going nowhere. We’re here for you. We just want you to come home,’” she said.
For full audio of this press briefing, click here.
For full video of this press briefing click here.