IU’s culture centers provide diversity

International Student Welcome

IU has tons of culture centers located all around campus. Listed below are just a few to help expand your international horizons.

Asian Culture Center
807 E. 10th St.
acc@indiana.edu

The Asian Culture Center aims to promote awareness and understanding of Asian and Asian-American cultures, history and issues. Look for the ACC to be represented around campus and watch for its programs during the year, such as the “Over A Cup of Tea” lecture series, a celebration of Asian Pacific Heritage Month and a free Asian language learning program.

First Nations Educational and Cultural Center
Ashton Center, Weatherly Hall 203
400 Sunrise Dr.
fnecc@indiana.edu

The First Nations Educational and Cultural Center assists in connecting students and building a Native American community within IU. According to its website, the center attempts to create a “free zone” where all supporters of First Nations, regardless of race, can come together.

Helene G. Simon Hillel Center
730 E. Third St.
hillel@indiana.edu

The Hillel Center strives to make sure Jewish students on campus have a “home away from home.” According to the center’s website, it is dedicated to helping Jewish students express their culture in “traditional and creative ways.” The center contains workout facilities, learning resources and kosher dining facilities. It also provides Shabbat dinner and holiday meals.

La Casa, Latino Cultural Center
715 E. Seventh St.
lacasa@indiana.edu

La Casa is a home away from home for many Latino and non-Latino students across campus. The center promotes academic excellence, personal growth and cultural pride through support services and programming. In addition, it works as an advocacy office and link for Latinos and puts on film screenings, lecture series and cultural activities.

Leo R. Dowling International Center
111 S. Jordan Ave.
intlcent@indiana.edu

The Leo R. Dowling International Center offers cultural, social and educational programs and is meant to make international students feel at home.
It also puts on programs and events for all kinds of student groups on campus.

Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center
275 N. Jordan Ave.
nmbcc@indiana.edu

The Neal-Marshall Black Culture, Center is a resource for all black, and all other, IU students. The center increases awareness about issues facing African-Americans through outreach programs and events. It is named after the first male and female black students to graduate from IU, Marcellus Neal and Frances Marshall.