Monday, June 17

Man accused of Walnut Street Pike robbery

Bloomington Police Department officers arrested a man accused of robbing a local apartment Tuesday.

Joe B. Little, 25, who has no known address, was arrested after residents of an apartment on Walnut Street Pike accused him of threatening them with a hammer, BPD Lt. Bill Parker said.

The residents of the apartment, a 39-year-old woman and her 23-year-old son, along with the son’s 22-year-old friend, were in the apartment when Little knocked on the door, Parker said.

The woman let Little in. The woman thought her son knew him, Parker said. They told police that none of them knew Little, but they’d seen him around the apartment.
They allege Little walked in, dropped a small bag of marijuana, and as he was reaching to pick it up, he grabbed a hammer and a purse off a table.

They claim Little told them to give him all of their money. The son and his friend then tackled Little. An employee of the apartment was walking by and saw the fight through the open door. She called police who arrived at 12:24 a.m.

Police arrived and walked by Little, who was standing outside the apartment. After the police were told a description of him, they found him within a few minutes. He was taken to Bloomington Hospital because of bleeding.

Little claimed he owed money to the son and was just giving it to him. Detectives are following up on the case.