Indiana's Oddest Places

Whether you’ve lived in Indiana all your life or just moved here, the Hoosier state has many odd tourist attractions worth visiting.

World’s Largest Ball of Paint
Alexandria: Michael Carmichael has spent more than 30 years applying more than 18,000 layers of paint to a baseball. It now weighs close to 1,500 pounds.

Ultraviolet Apocalypse
Munster: This Carmelite monastery features buildings made of sponge rock with semi-precious crystals and angel carvings set into the walls. One sculpture depicts Jesus rising from the dead and is covered with blacklights.

The Hubcap Woman
Jeffersonville: A 20-foot sculpture of a woman, made completely from hubcaps, is supposedly a tribute to the strength of all women.

Mid-America Windmill Museum
Kendallville: The museum’s goal is to collect, display, preserve and tell the story of wind power from its origination through the American windmill to the present day.

World’s Largest Sycamore Stump
Kokomo: The once-massive tree was about 800 years old before storms felled it. It is 57 feet in circumference and 12 feet high.

Giant Lady’s Leg Sundial
Lake Village: For a time, Lake Village was known for yearly events, including the Ms. Nude Teeny Bopper contest, the Erin Go Bra-less event and the building of the giant lady’s leg sundial. The sundial is 63 feet long.

Husband Killer Exhibit
LaPorte: Police found 12 bodies and suspected about 40 more men were buried on the property of Belle Gunness in LaPorte. She vanished in April 1908 and was never found.

World’s Largest Egg
Mentone: The town claims its concrete statue of an egg is the largest in the world, though Winlock, Wash., also claims this feat.

Source: www.roadsideamerica.com